Connect with us

International

Russian army captures Stepove, key supply hub for Ukrainian forces, claims russian defense ministry

The Russian military has captured Stepove, a crucial municipality for Ukraine’s supply line in Avdiivka, a city seized 10 days ago by Russian troops. This was announced on Wednesday by the Ministry of Defense of Vladimir Putin’s government.

“On the Avdiivka front, units of the ‘Center’ group liberated the locality of Petróvskoe (Stepove for Ukrainians) and occupied more advantageous positions,” the military report states.

This municipality, located northwest of Avdiivka, allows control over the railway line that served as a supply route for Ukrainian troops in this stronghold.

Russian Government Asserts Continued Advance

Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu stated yesterday that troops were continuing their advance after the capture of Avdiivka.

Advertisement
20250301_vacunacion_vph-728x90
20241211_mh_noexigencia_dui_728x90
20231124_etesal_728x90_1
20230601_agenda_primera_infancia_728X90
domfuturo_netview-728x90
20240604_dom_728x90
CEL
previous arrow
next arrow

“After establishing control over the important enemy stronghold of Avdiivka, Russian forces continue to improve their positions in the Donetsk and Kupyansk sectors, seizing new heights and positions from the Ukrainian Army. Since the beginning of the year, 327 kilometers have been liberated from Nazi forces,” he said.

According to Shoigu, during the past week, the Russian Army has expelled Ukrainian forces from the towns of Pobeda, Lastochkine, and Severne in the Donetsk region, annexed by Russia in September 2022.

The spokesperson for the Ukrainian military group ‘Tavria,’ Dmytro Lijovi, previously confirmed the withdrawal of Kiev forces from the villages of Stepove and Severne, where, according to him, around a hundred people lived before the war.

Doubling Radar Production for the Year

On the same day, the Russian Defense Minister inspected several factories of the Russian military-industrial complex in the Tula region, 200 kilometers south of Moscow, specializing in the production of radars for the detection of artillery pieces, necessary for the war in Ukraine.

Advertisement
20250301_vacunacion_vph-728x90
20241211_mh_noexigencia_dui_728x90
20231124_etesal_728x90_1
20230601_agenda_primera_infancia_728X90
domfuturo_netview-728x90
20240604_dom_728x90
CEL
previous arrow
next arrow

“The Strela company informed the Defense Minister that the order for 2023 for the production of Yastreb-AB and Zoopark-1M radar systems and Aistionok radars, used to detect artillery, was fully completed,” the Ministry reported on Telegram, where it also posted a video of the visit.

The company’s director, Viacheslav Chapkin, also stated in his report that the acquisition of new technical equipment and the implementation of 12-hour workdays allowed doubling the number of radars produced for 2024, with plans to quadruple production by 2025.

According to Defense, Shoigu also visited the SPLAV company, specializing in the production of missiles for various multiple launch systems, where he was shown the new facilities launched in 2023.

The renewal of this factory allowed quadrupling the volume of the main types of these missiles and even increasing the production of some models by seven times.

Zelensky: Urges Swift Arms Supply

Advertisement
20250301_vacunacion_vph-728x90
20241211_mh_noexigencia_dui_728x90
20231124_etesal_728x90_1
20230601_agenda_primera_infancia_728X90
domfuturo_netview-728x90
20240604_dom_728x90
CEL
previous arrow
next arrow

From Tirana, where he met with governments from Southeast Europe on Wednesday, Ukrainian President urged his allies to make decisions to accelerate arms supply.

“We must survive. For that, we need concrete decisions, decisions about weapons. And those weapons must arrive on time,” he said before stressing, “We have no time or alternatives. We face a killer. With a second Hitler. Our initiative is for us to triumph over Putin.”

In recent weeks, Zelensky has traveled to various countries to seek more support and weapons amid fears that the capacity for support from allies in Europe, and especially the United States, may diminish.

In Washington, the new financial aid package for Ukraine, worth €55 billion, remains blocked due to resistance from Republicans in Congress.

Advertisement
20250301_vacunacion_vph-728x90
20241211_mh_noexigencia_dui_728x90
20231124_etesal_728x90_1
20230601_agenda_primera_infancia_728X90
domfuturo_netview-728x90
20240604_dom_728x90
CEL
previous arrow
next arrow
Continue Reading
Advertisement
20250301_vacunacion_vph-300x250
20241211_mh_noexigencia_dui_300x250
20231124_etesal_300x250_1
20230601_agenda_primera_infancia_300X250
MARN1

International

Paraguay summons Brazilian ambassador over Itaipú espionage scandal

Paraguay summoned the Brazilian ambassador in Asunción on Tuesday to demand “explanations” and called its own representative in Brasília for consultations following Brazil’s acknowledgment of an espionage operation. The Brazilian government, led by President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, attributed the operation to the previous administration.

The surveillance effort aimed to uncover Paraguay’s position in now-suspended negotiations with Brazil regarding the pricing of electricity from the binational Itaipú hydroelectric plant, according to reports in the Brazilian press.

The Brazilian government “categorically denied any involvement in the intelligence operation,” stating in a Foreign Ministry communiqué on Monday that the espionage was carried out under former President Jair Bolsonaro’s administration (2019-2023).

“The operation was authorized by the previous government in June 2022 and was annulled by the interim director of the (state intelligence agency) ABIN on March 27, 2023, as soon as the current administration became aware of it,” Brazil’s government asserted.

Paraguay’s Foreign Minister Rubén Ramírez announced that Brazilian Ambassador José Antonio Marcondes de Carvalho was summoned “to provide detailed explanations” regarding the operation. Additionally, Paraguay recalled its diplomatic representative in Brasília “to report on aspects related to the intelligence activity conducted by Brazil regarding Paraguay’s government affairs.”

Advertisement
20250301_vacunacion_vph-728x90
20241211_mh_noexigencia_dui_728x90
20231124_etesal_728x90_1
20230601_agenda_primera_infancia_728X90
domfuturo_netview-728x90
20240604_dom_728x90
CEL
previous arrow
next arrow
Continue Reading

International

Elon Musk to step down as government advisor, per Trump insiders

President Donald Trump has informed his inner circle that Elon Musk will be stepping down from his role as a government advisor, according to a report by Politico today.

Citing three individuals close to Trump, Politico states that the president is pleased with Musk’s leadership at the Department of Government Efficiency (DOGE), where he has implemented significant budget cuts. However, both have agreed that it is time for Musk to return to his businesses and support Trump from a different position outside the government.

A senior administration official told Politico that Musk will likely maintain an informal advisory role and continue to be an occasional visitor to the White House. Another source warned that anyone thinking Musk will completely disappear from Trump’s circle is “deluding themselves.”

According to the sources, this transition is expected to coincide with the end of Musk’s tenure as a “special government employee,” a temporary status that exempts him from certain ethics and conflict-of-interest regulations. This 130-day period is set to expire in late May or early June.

Continue Reading

International

Milei vows to make Argentina so strong that Falkland Islanders “choose” to join

Argentine President Javier Milei reaffirmed his country’s claim over the Falkland Islands (known as the Islas Malvinas in Argentina) and praised the role of the nation’s armed forces during a ceremony marking the “Veterans and Fallen Soldiers of the Malvinas War Day,” commemorating 43 years since the 1982 conflict with the United Kingdom.

Argentina continues to assert sovereignty over the islands, arguing that Britain unlawfully seized them in 1833.

“If sovereignty over the Malvinas is the issue, we have always made it clear that the most important vote is the one cast with one’s feet. We hope that one day, the Malvinas residents will choose to vote with their feet and join us,” Milei stated.

“That is why we aim to become a global power—so much so that they would prefer to be Argentine, making deterrence or persuasion unnecessary. This is why we have embarked on a path of liberation, working to make Argentina the freest country in the world and once again the nation with the highest GDP per capita on the planet,” he added.

Continue Reading

Trending

Central News