Connect with us

International

At least 35 dead in a new Israeli attack in northern Gaza

At least 35 people, including numerous children, died in the last few hours in an Israeli bombing of a residential complex in Beit Lahia, in the north of the Gaza Strip.

The attack targeted a block with five houses in a western neighborhood of Beit Lahia, according to local sources quoted by the Palestinian agency Wafa and Al Jazeera.

Health collapse

This Saturday, the Civil Defense was overwhelmed by the number of calls for help from bombed homes in the north of the enclave.

The lack of ambulances and the Israeli blockade of the attacked areas is complicating the rescue operations of people who are trapped in the rubble.

In addition, the Indonesian and Kamal Adwan hospitals are not functioning due to the collapse of the health system.

Advertisement
20260224_estafa_mh_728x90
previous arrow
next arrow

In the latter center, at least 44 health workers and several patients were detained by Israeli forces after the siege launched yesterday, according to the regional director of the World Health Organization (WHO) for the Middle East, Hanan Balkhy.

The person in charge, who cites the Gaza Ministry of Health, said that only a group of health personnel and the director of the hospital remain in the center, in addition to a doctor who was not arrested.

His message comes after a day of siege to what was one of the few hospitals in operation in the punished north of Gaza, where a harsh Israeli offensive that began more than three weeks ago has already claimed the lives of about 800 people and has forced tens of thousands of Palestinians to flee.

Israel attacks the Salah al-Din complex

On the other hand, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) reported a “precise attack against terrorists” operating within a command and control center located within a complex called Salah al-Din, which previously served as a school in Gaza.

According to the IDF, members of the Islamist group Hamas operated in that place, without adding further information.

Advertisement
20260224_estafa_mh_728x90
previous arrow
next arrow

In the last two days, the Israeli attacks in the Strip have killed 77 people and 289 others have been injured, figures that do not include data from the hospitals in the north of the enclave, subjected to this harsh offensive.

Since the war began more than a year ago, 42,924 people have died and more than 100,800 have been injured in the devastated Palestinian enclave, according to data from Gaza hospitals.

In addition, it is estimated that the bodies of thousands of missing people continue to be buried under the rubble.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
20260224_estafa_mh_300x250

International

Trump Delays Potential Iran Strikes as Regional Peace Talks Continue

Donald Trump announced a new deadline for potential military action against Iran, saying he would temporarily delay planned strikes while regional negotiators continue efforts to secure a peace agreement.

Speaking at the White House, Trump said he decided to postpone the operation after receiving requests from the leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates.

The U.S. president explained that the pause would remain in place for only a limited period, adding that discussions could continue through the end of the week or early next week.

Trump also warned that military action remained a possibility if negotiations fail to produce results, stressing that the United States could not allow Iran to acquire a nuclear weapon.

“Maybe we’ll have to hit them again,” Trump said, referring to Iran while reiterating his willingness to resume military operations if necessary.

Advertisement
20260224_estafa_mh_728x90
previous arrow
next arrow
Continue Reading

International

FAO Urges Urgent Action as Hormuz Disruption Threatens Global Food Supply

A prolonged closure of the Strait of Hormuz could trigger a “systemic agri-food shock” capable of causing a major global food price crisis within six to twelve months, the Food and Agriculture Organization warned on Wednesday.

Before the recent attacks launched by United States and Israel against Iran, roughly one-fifth of the world’s seaborne oil shipments passed through the strategic waterway.

The UN agency said the disruption should not be viewed as a temporary shipping issue, but rather as the beginning of a broader global agro-food crisis with potential long-term economic consequences.

The FAO urged governments to establish alternative trade routes, avoid export restrictions, protect humanitarian supply chains and build reserves to absorb rising transportation costs.

Máximo Torero said countries must urgently strengthen their resilience and prepare for the potential impact of disruptions linked to the maritime bottleneck.

Advertisement
20260224_estafa_mh_728x90
previous arrow
next arrow

According to the organization, the window for preventive action is rapidly closing.

Continue Reading

International

U.S. Sanctions Alleged Sinaloa Cartel Money Launderers Linked to Fentanyl Trade

The U.S. Department of the Treasury announced sanctions on Wednesday against more than a dozen individuals and companies allegedly linked to Mexico’s Sinaloa Cartel, accusing them of laundering money connected to fentanyl trafficking operations.

Among those targeted are Armando Ojeda Avilés, identified by U.S. authorities as a leading money laundering operator for the cartel, and Jesús “Chuy” González Peñuela, who has been subject to a $5 million reward since January 2024.

According to the sanctions list released by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), other individuals sanctioned include Jesús Alonso Aispuro, described as the network’s financial chief, and Rodrigo Alarcón Palomares, accused of overseeing cash collection operations in the United States.

Relatives of the alleged cartel figures were also sanctioned for managing businesses reportedly tied to the network, including the security company Grupo Especial Mamba Negra and the restaurant Gorditas Chiwas in Chihuahua, Mexico.

The Sinaloa Cartel was designated a narcoterrorist organization last year under an order issued by U.S. President Donald Trump and has since become a major focus of U.S. law enforcement efforts.

Advertisement
20260224_estafa_mh_728x90
previous arrow
next arrow

Two weeks ago, prosecutors in New York’s Southern District accused Sinaloa Governor Rubén Rocha Moya and several associates of collaborating with the cartel, a development that increased tensions with the administration of Mexican President Claudia Sheinbaum.

Continue Reading

Trending

Central News