Connect with us

International

At least 21 dead and 61 injured after Israel’s last attacks in Gaza

At least 21 Palestinians were killed and 61 injured in the Gaza Strip after the latest Israeli attacks, the Palestinian Ministry of Health, administered by Hamas, reported on Saturday.

“The Israeli occupation committed three massacres against families in the Gaza Strip, leaving 21 martyrs and 61 wounded in the last 24 hours,” the health authority said in a statement.

With this last balance, the total death toll amounted to 45,277 and the injured to 107,573 since October 7, 2023, when the war in Gaza began after the Hamas attack in Israel.

Medical sources reported to EFE that between the morning and early hours of Saturday at least seven people died in two Israeli bombings in the north of the enclave: three of them in the Al Mukhabarat area, northwest of Gaza City, and four in the Al Shati refugee camp, near the aforementioned city.

According to reports from the Palestinian news agency Wafa, two other citizens died in an Israeli raid against Kamal Adwan Hospital, in the city of Beit Lahia, in the north of the Gaza Strip.

Advertisement
20250301_vacunacion_vph-728x90
20241211_mh_noexigencia_dui_728x90
20231124_etesal_728x90_1
20230601_agenda_primera_infancia_728X90
domfuturo_netview-728x90
20240604_dom_728x90
CEL
previous arrow
next arrow

According to this media, two other Palestinians died in an attack in the Khirbet Al-Adas area, in the southern city of Rafah.

Fourteen months of attacks

In the last 14 months, the Israeli Army has attacked Gaza through the sky, sea and land, and has assured that it will not stop until it ends Hamas’ capabilities, both to govern and to operate through its armed arm.

These months of conflict have caused the destruction of more than 90% of the civil infrastructure of the enclave, including hospitals, according to figures from the Gaza Government.

Since last October, Israeli soldiers have maintained a siege against the north of the enclave; this operation has caused the death of at least 3,000 Palestinians.

In addition, the United Nations (UN) has accused Israel of preventing access to basic supplies for hospitals and blocking humanitarian aid for the population that remains in the area.

Advertisement
20250301_vacunacion_vph-728x90
20241211_mh_noexigencia_dui_728x90
20231124_etesal_728x90_1
20230601_agenda_primera_infancia_728X90
domfuturo_netview-728x90
20240604_dom_728x90
CEL
previous arrow
next arrow

“An unprecedented” bombing of Kamal Adwan hospital

The Kamal Adwan hospital, located in the Beit Lahia town, north of the Gaza Strip, is the subject of an “unprecedented” attack by Israeli forces, its director, Abu Safiya, reported on Saturday night through a statement.

“At the moment there is an intense and strong bombing of the hospital, unprecedented and without prior notice to the care and nursing department,” said the doctor, who on November 25 had been injured during the continuous attacks of Israel against this health center.

Safiya, who earlier warned that in the last few hours the vicinity of the hospital had been attacked several times, reported that they are now being pointed out directly.

“The bombing is being carried out with explosives and tank fire, directly aiming at us while we are present inside the hospital departments,” he said.

The doctor called on the international community to protect the health system and its workers, and said that the responsibility for these events will fall on those who are silent.

Advertisement
20250301_vacunacion_vph-728x90
20241211_mh_noexigencia_dui_728x90
20231124_etesal_728x90_1
20230601_agenda_primera_infancia_728X90
domfuturo_netview-728x90
20240604_dom_728x90
CEL
previous arrow
next arrow
Continue Reading
Advertisement
20250301_vacunacion_vph-300x250
20241211_mh_noexigencia_dui_300x250
20231124_etesal_300x250_1
20230601_agenda_primera_infancia_300X250
MARN1

International

Paraguay summons Brazilian ambassador over Itaipú espionage scandal

Paraguay summoned the Brazilian ambassador in Asunción on Tuesday to demand “explanations” and called its own representative in Brasília for consultations following Brazil’s acknowledgment of an espionage operation. The Brazilian government, led by President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, attributed the operation to the previous administration.

The surveillance effort aimed to uncover Paraguay’s position in now-suspended negotiations with Brazil regarding the pricing of electricity from the binational Itaipú hydroelectric plant, according to reports in the Brazilian press.

The Brazilian government “categorically denied any involvement in the intelligence operation,” stating in a Foreign Ministry communiqué on Monday that the espionage was carried out under former President Jair Bolsonaro’s administration (2019-2023).

“The operation was authorized by the previous government in June 2022 and was annulled by the interim director of the (state intelligence agency) ABIN on March 27, 2023, as soon as the current administration became aware of it,” Brazil’s government asserted.

Paraguay’s Foreign Minister Rubén Ramírez announced that Brazilian Ambassador José Antonio Marcondes de Carvalho was summoned “to provide detailed explanations” regarding the operation. Additionally, Paraguay recalled its diplomatic representative in Brasília “to report on aspects related to the intelligence activity conducted by Brazil regarding Paraguay’s government affairs.”

Advertisement
20250301_vacunacion_vph-728x90
20241211_mh_noexigencia_dui_728x90
20231124_etesal_728x90_1
20230601_agenda_primera_infancia_728X90
domfuturo_netview-728x90
20240604_dom_728x90
CEL
previous arrow
next arrow
Continue Reading

International

Elon Musk to step down as government advisor, per Trump insiders

President Donald Trump has informed his inner circle that Elon Musk will be stepping down from his role as a government advisor, according to a report by Politico today.

Citing three individuals close to Trump, Politico states that the president is pleased with Musk’s leadership at the Department of Government Efficiency (DOGE), where he has implemented significant budget cuts. However, both have agreed that it is time for Musk to return to his businesses and support Trump from a different position outside the government.

A senior administration official told Politico that Musk will likely maintain an informal advisory role and continue to be an occasional visitor to the White House. Another source warned that anyone thinking Musk will completely disappear from Trump’s circle is “deluding themselves.”

According to the sources, this transition is expected to coincide with the end of Musk’s tenure as a “special government employee,” a temporary status that exempts him from certain ethics and conflict-of-interest regulations. This 130-day period is set to expire in late May or early June.

Continue Reading

International

Milei vows to make Argentina so strong that Falkland Islanders “choose” to join

Argentine President Javier Milei reaffirmed his country’s claim over the Falkland Islands (known as the Islas Malvinas in Argentina) and praised the role of the nation’s armed forces during a ceremony marking the “Veterans and Fallen Soldiers of the Malvinas War Day,” commemorating 43 years since the 1982 conflict with the United Kingdom.

Argentina continues to assert sovereignty over the islands, arguing that Britain unlawfully seized them in 1833.

“If sovereignty over the Malvinas is the issue, we have always made it clear that the most important vote is the one cast with one’s feet. We hope that one day, the Malvinas residents will choose to vote with their feet and join us,” Milei stated.

“That is why we aim to become a global power—so much so that they would prefer to be Argentine, making deterrence or persuasion unnecessary. This is why we have embarked on a path of liberation, working to make Argentina the freest country in the world and once again the nation with the highest GDP per capita on the planet,” he added.

Continue Reading

Trending

Central News